Friday, February 26, 2010

Seventh Post

Whew, its been a crazy week, and I'm just about ready to start doing schoolwork again. After all, I had taken a 3 week intermission from my academics, counting the week before reading week, reading week, and the week after (this week). I'm pretty far behind in all my classes but not too worried. If life has taught me anything it's that you can do a lot of things in the very last moment with absolutely no consequences. My name is David Murday, and I am a procrastinator. This can probably be said of most of the student body, which is interesting because it shows little correlation between the tendency to procrastinate and various personality traits. Mostly, I think, people procrasinate because they like the rush it gives them. The rush of being on the edge, always teetering between failure and success, danger and safety. I wonder if this behavior is a side-effect of some sort of aspect of our western society, like a living mundane life, or the deadening of feelings through over-stimulation. Either way it doesn't really matter because I doubt I'm going to stop procrastinating any time soon.

A little while back I posted a link to a personality profile that was studied in order to better understand cold-reading (what "psychics" do), and this time I wanted to show a cool elaboration done by Derren Brown. Link (stupid video wouldn't embed)

Also, to show just how cool Russia is, here is a Russian teenage mutant ninja turtle comic that places a giant anthropomorphic bear as their leader, and includes Batman. (I can't really tell what's going on)
Crazy Russian Comic



That's what I have for now internet, see ya later.
-Murday

PS. This is kinda cool.
The Dudes of History

No comments:

Post a Comment