Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Post (Hello)

First, a bit about me. My name is David Murday. I am 18 and attend McMaster University. I have 10 toes and 10 fingers. I like to skip stones on the water. Sometimes I go through all of Wednesday thinking that it's Thursday. I have no idea what to do with my life or even who I am. I know what you're all thinking. Same old, same old.

My lazy ass has been meaning to start a blog for a while, and today I finally got the motivation I needed from this video (its one minute long, be patient, watch till the end)


Word of warning (if anyone is reading lol); I tend to go on longish rants that are seemingly disconnected from my original topic (they are), so please bear with me. At this time it is difficult for me to imagine any number of people being interested in what I have to say, so this seems like a bit of a moot point, but hey, you never know.

A friend of mine started a blog recently, and I decided to follow step because I've been needing a place to write down my thoughts and ideas. I'm not really sure what a blog is or how it works. I am familiar with vlogs (video blogs) that are abundant on youtube, full of young energetic people talking about nothing, trying to rack up views and turn a few bucks. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The first vlog I've seen was the DeFranco show by user sxephil. I was instantly addicted and have tried to watch every show for the past year and half or so. At first, it was interesting, thought-provoking and just a good way to catchup on some of the day's events and hear some coherent opinions. Unfortunately the quality of content has deteriorated as of late, which was also a factor in me starting my own blog.

I'm going to start my first blog off with a rather long story that caught my eye on best of craigslist the other day.

"Hi! I am almost 100% positive you remember me. I was standing in the cab line for about 15 minutes in 1 degree weather, and then you and your girlfriend ran in front of me in the cab line right as my cab, that I had been waiting so long for out in the ball shivering cold, arrived. Now I admit, I am a nice guy, and women get to take advantage of me quite often, but that said I haven't been laid in months, and when that happens, I somehow feel that the goddess of feminine nurture and chivalry can... how do I put this? Suck my six inch piano player. This is the point where I told the cabby what you girls did, and informed him that he was throwing away the very long cab ride to Erie as well as his moral saint 1-month chip. At this point he had the very bad... very bad idea to give me (a drunken narcissist, in the right) a ride with the girls who shunted me most literally to the curb. This is where the sh*t show began. Your friend and you are both very attractive, but nevertheless I have become accustomed to, when necessary, seeing only the ugly souls of the monsters who arrogantly think they can get whatever they want. The cussing, the womanizing, the abuse, the screaming, and everything that ensued for the next 15 minutes, is unlike me. However I was not alone in this endeavor, in fact I would go as far as to say that it was YOU two who did most of the screaming, and abusing. Nevertheless I stood up to the both of you. I let you know exactly how sh*tty it was to leave a stranger to freeze for the sake of your own toes. And although I am a tired soul, tired of fighting petty battles with girls, there are times when the wild thing from my youth finds the perfect combination of irritation and gravel to carve a path to the surface and cuss you the f*ck out. So I did. Somewhere along the way you hit me, good and hard across the face for addressing you by your lady parts. I probably deserved it. But even so, when your friend got out of the car, the attitude from the back seat was cut in half. This reduction in calamity is what made me flip around, to see you face to face for the next 10 minute drive to your home, perched on my knees, and just listen. I watched as you blasted me with insults and be-ration, never admitting nor denying that you intended to leave me on the cold cabby curb.Your visage melted from rage into a pool of confusion as I just sat there and listened. By the end, you were reduced to a puddle of tears, and as gratifying as it was, it is these empty moments that remind me why I hush my inner child to sleep, and open the door for you, and hold your purse, and buy you presents, and walk your dog, and keep you warm, and give you kind smiles. When you exited the cab, my body took me over, I hopped out and gave a "Hey!". You turned around, and I threw my arms out. "I'm Sorry!". You sheepishly just looked to me, and through the tears came a genuine moment. A deep smile. Full of the confusion and joy that comes with being twenty-something. I just wanted to say I appreciated that smile. In it, you told me that you were okay, that we are only human, that you value people over right and wrong. Expect to have a beer on me if I ever see you again..... "

Here's the link to the original: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bou/1505676272.html

I began reading the story expecting the protagonist to completely humiliate the young ladies, but the unexpected heart-warming ending really brightened my day. It's also funny to me that something like this can come out of the dirty dredges and polluted canals that fill craigslist (check the personals section for some crazy shenanigans... if you dare (it was a lonely valentine's day)).

Well, that's it for my first post, but don't worry, I still have tons to share.
-Murday

PS. This is kinda cool
Awesome Drug Math

No comments:

Post a Comment